Greetings, students! We're geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in summer 2017. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you're applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!Quest Objectives
The game design intern will work directly with developers on the Hearthstone team to help design, implement, iterate, and polish new content for Hearthstone (such as new expansions and adventures).
The ideal student will have an excellent understanding of gameplay and the ability to think about the player experience from the perspective of a wide spectrum of players. Day to day activities will include working with the team's development tools, so ability to learn new tools quickly is a must. The intern will constantly be interacting with developers and will be helping with player research, so being able to play nice with others is a requirement!Intern Guild Requirements
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2017 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 - 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 22, 2017 - August 11, 2017 or June 12, 2017 - September 1, 2017 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Knowledge of and experience with our game franchises, specifically Hearthstone
- A strong sense for what makes a gameplay experience compelling and fun
- Previous experience designing games as personal, academic, or professional projects
- Solid math skills
- Experience in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Recommended Talents
- Experience in Unity
- Experience in C#
- Writing skills
WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We're serious about this - due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
- Cover Letter
- Design one new Hearthstone card and describe why it would be a good addition to the game.
- Please include examples of any game projects you've worked on, either independently or as part of your studies, and what part you played in their creation
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.