Detailed description of opening:Ready to transform health care? IBM Watson Health is ushering in the next era of health care by using Cognitive Computing to tackle some of the industry's most challenging problems - like revolutionizing how doctors research cancer and identifying new drugs to treat diseases. By making connections that may not have been previously considered, Watson can generate new insights that expedite the process of matching subjects to clinical trials and keep patient safe from the adverse effects of drugs.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Design Team Lead on our Watson for Real World Evidence team responsible leading a team of UX Designers, Design Researcher and Visual Designers.
Our environment is ever changing and requires a candidate who is flexible, thrives in ambiguity and can effectively collaborate across cross-functional groups and locations.
Although Design Lead and UX will be your primary role, we're looking for candidates with secondary skill in Data Visualization or Visual Design. Responsibilities include:
- Breakdown, manage large design projects, prioritizing the work of the multi-skilled design team.
- Work with designers, researchers, product managers and developers to understand and communicate user's needs and behaviors to inform and shape product strategy/roadmap and create design deliverables for each release/sprint.
- Build a cross-functional team culture of transparent collaboration that results in clearly and quickly deliver ideas for feedback and iteration.
- Creating the assets necessary to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas to the larger team (wireframes, clickable prototypes, detailed annotations, etc.)
- Creating clean and approachable data visualizations to illustrate complex analytics, trends, and data relationships
- Deliver, review and critique the designs of a multi-skilled design team to ensure effective and rich designs (great interaction, supreme visual styling, consistent and appropriate use of voice and tone, etc)
- Participate in and lead lean UX activities (in person and remote) in an Agile environment such as user/design research, interviews and workshops
- Participating in user research activities such as usability testing and design validation; and synthesizing real user feedback back into your designs
Position may be located in
- Demonstrated ability to break down large projects and plan the work of others
- Able to focus on design detail and ascertain user value and impact as part of their software experience.
- Creative, curious, questioning, open to take and provide critique and have a ton of initiative
- Experience solving complex design problems for Web interactions or software solutions
- Demonstrated ability to translate research findings into complex interaction designs that provide usable, effective and efficient experiences to users
- Demonstrated ability to produce and enhance low-fidelity sketches and medium fidelity wireframes to facilitate communication of recommended solutions
- Demonstrated ability to tell a meaningful story about the user and great presentation skills
- Written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to articulate alternative approaches
Cambridge, MA, NY, Austin * Please note that relocation assistance is not available
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.