Adaptive Path (61075), United States of America, San Francisco, California
Design Management Intern - Adaptive Path
Design Managers at Capital One are passionate about the field of user experience, have an interest in developing and managing large-scale programs and multi-track projects, and have excellent communication skills. Our Design Managers flex from being very strategic to very tactical and from being very creative and participatory in the design process to pragmatic and analytical. They are an integral part of the design team and have a big impact on the work we do.
As a Design Management Intern on the Digital Design team, you will work closely with other design managers, service designers, experience designers and strategists to further our understanding of how people interact with their money – you will identify opportunities for change, advocate for the needs of our customers, support design from empathy to iteration, and help deliver human-centered solutions to over 65-million customers. You will work closely with other Design Managers on service & experience design projects as well as on internal projects to push the Design Management practice forward.
- Currently enrolled in, or a recent graduate of a relevant design management or design strategy, program (either graduate or undergraduate). Preferably a program that exposes you to both design and business.
- Working knowledge of human-centered design principles (e.g. Design Thinking)
- Passionate about user-centered design particularly as applied to both service experiences across touchpoints and digital products
- Problem-solving skills with an ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Project management experience
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Able to work both on a team and independently
- A challenging role on an awesome team
- Mentorship with industry-leading service design and design management professionals
- Executive speaker series
- Regular networking opportunities with peers and executives
- You will obtain a bachelor’s degree or higher between December 2017 and August 2018
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.