Intuit's Small Business and Self-Employed Group, a global team striving to meet the needs of over 2.5 million small businesses and self-employed, is looking for a passionate design leader to guide and shape a new team chartered with helping to build a culture of creativity and customer-centricity by defining and operationalizing the way we work.
In this role, you will put in place the core operating rhythm for the design teams. You will be responsible for providing creative oxygen to a global crew of over 200 designers, writers, researchers and prototypers by empowering this community to maximize its productivity and energy - managing best practices, processes, tools and overall operational needs, while building out the function of Design Operations.Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain design teams operating rhythm, tools and processes.
- Hire and support a team of Design Program Managers working hand-in-hand with each of the segment teams. This crew will act as a bridge between the Design function and the Development, Product Management and Marketing function - connecting all groups and making sure requirements as well as inter-dependencies are understood and planned for effectively.
- Enable seamless collaboration with international teams.
- Establish best practices for end-to-end experience oversight.
- Identify broader org needs and gaps with regards to tools, documentation, asset management, resources.
- Implement and drive required changes to make sure designers are working at optimum efficiency and quality.
- Bring all the critical pieces together - strategy, business goals, design, execution, technology, and customer needs - to produce amazing experiences for multiple platforms.
- Masters degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of production/project management
- Deep experience working with creative/design teams, understanding how to integrate process with creative minds
- Experience with Agile development and methodologies
- Thorough understanding of creative development processes, design-thinking / customer-centered design, in-particular
- Ability to understand complex programs, scope and prioritize projects, define schedules, and work independently
- A driving passion for creating experiences that resonates on an emotional level with customers
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market - from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Senior Content Designer, QuickBooks Senior Interaction Designer, QuickBooks Principal Interaction Designer Senior Digital Designer Content Strategist See More…
A little about us:
We hire team members that share these values: Integrity Without Compromise. We Care and Give Back. Deliver Awesome. Win Together. Learn Fast. Delight Customers. Be Passionate. Be Decisive. Be Bold.