At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description: Introduction
3M is driving creativity and design as a competitive platform for innovation and brand globally to enhance design-driven solutions for people and the world. We are looking for a Design Operations Program Manager
for our Safety and Graphics Business Group (SGBG)
to enhance the design function at the 3M Design Center, located in St. Paul, MN.
The person hired as the Design Operations Program Manager
will be responsible for the coordination of packaging art production, on-demand labeling, print quality management and overall design operations activities. The person in this role will work closely with the Senior Global Design Operations Manager within the Design Center of Excellence (COE). This person will work cross-functionally with the corporate functions and external agencies to provide solutions, coordinate design projects, and collect information needed to execute art production, on time, on cost, and within 3M's quality requirements. Must work well with defined approaches, systems and processes.
Does your curiosity inspire you to imagine tomorrow's solutions to today's problems? Do you ever wonder how collaborative creativity can enrich innovation and make progress possible? Or wonder if design can drive competitive advantage for business, while also having positive impact on the world? These are just a few of the questions we ask at 3M Design every day. Our diverse, global team not only includes design talent from multiple creative disciplines, but also achievement-oriented professionals who keep the engine going for strong operations to ensure our design organization is world class. We're looking for creative explorers who are excited to be part of the very inspiring journey of design at an innovation company like 3M driven by curiosity.Major Duties & ResponsibilitiesDesign Operations Program Manager
primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Manage production artwork for SGBG on a tactical level
- Understand the dynamics of working within a regulated business
- Lead monthly/quarterly HCBG Design Operations Steering Committee meetings with Key HCBG and divisional stakeholders.
- Participates in cross-functional team meetings
- Be an active member of the SGBG Design leadership team to represent print and packaging/labeling operations
- Collaborate and align closely with the Senior Global Design Operations Manager
- Align to the business and design strategies of SGBG
- Track, monitor and report financials for art production, prepress, mock-ups, etc.
- Manage day-to-day working relationships with strategic partners in print and packaging
- Initiate and recommend continuous improvement ideas (identify and implement programs that target quality, cost and speed to market)
- Build relationships with key stakeholders within SGBG
- Resolve issues both internally and externally in an effective and respectful way
- Present to main business stakeholders within SGBG
- Keep up-to-date on all print quality issues/programs via the Print Quality Manager
- Collaborate across functions primarily marketing, quality, package engineering, manufacturing and sourcing to drive design strategies
- Initiate, support and drive global processes for SGBG Design
- Lead/support business transformation activities that impact SGBG Design
- Be a change agent for new tools, systems and processes that impact SGBG Design Operations
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of five (5) combined years of art production and/or graphic arts field experience
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience with product commercialization or print/packaging that includes driving product/packaging from creative development, print production and manufacturing through launch
- Openness to change, visionary, strategic thinking and constantly evaluating new opportunities and ideas
- Strong communicator and presentation skills and a passion for the creative industry and operations excellence
- Experience in directing and collaborating with cross-functional and creative teams through strong influencing skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Up to 10%Relocation:
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)About 3M Design
3M Design is the creative engine driving design for innovation at 3M. As a global team of diverse talent that creates meaningful and consistent brand experiences, we stimulate collaborative creativity to translate insights and technologies into solutions that inspire and positively impact our customers, our employees, and our world. 3M is a global innovation company with $30 billion in sales, employing 87,000 people worldwide with operations in more than 70 countries. For more information about 3M Design, visit www.3M.com/design or follow @3MDesign on Twitter.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.