Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
DescriptionEvidence Driven Design services are a core component of IQVIA next generation clinical development solutions as well as Strategic Drug Development Services. These services include dedicated cross-functional consultants that deliver strategic drug development planning and design services through the merging of extensive drug development expertise with real world data, transformative technologies, methods, and work models.
The Design Scientist / Senior Design Scientist provides data driven consulting to achieve internal and external customer expectations through the development, implementation, and delivery of planning and design. Facilitates focused design sessions to support clients in design and planning decisions. Develops and delivers reports and structured outputs. Partners across the IQVIA Enterprise and the Drug Development Sponsor to bring the right people and information to the design sessions. This a client-facing position that reports to the Evidence Driven Design Team Line Management.
• Lead and manage the delivery of assigned Data Informed Protocol Review projects to support clinical trial study design and strategy in support of new opportunity development and on-going project delivery. Responsibilities include working with sales and study teams to understand key challenges within a study design, identifying and developing analytics that can help address the needs, interpreting and summarizing the findings. Ensure quality and timely project deliverables are completed.
• Partner cross functionally with project teams to present the findings and to determine collaboratively how to apply the results.
• Coordinate and facilitate design sessions, bring together information and people necessary to identify outstanding issues, identify opportunities to provide data informed decisions to support the development and/or improvement of clinical trial study designs.
• Develop and deliver outputs including the capture of customer decisions and assumptions, and ensure objectives are met within agreed project timelines.
• Participate in Business Development, Marketing and Sales activities. Deliver expert presentation on topics of interest to potential customers.
• Provide technical expertise and consulting input into proposals.
• Participate in the continuous improvement of departmental processes and procedures.
• May participate in functional area initiatives, special project assignments and act as departmental cross functional liaison.
• Maintain proficiency of skills and knowledge and remain current with industry trends based on current literature
These positions (4) will be filled at grade levels 33 or 34 in Boston, Massachusetts, Raleigh/Durham, North Carolina, United Kingdom or Frankfort, Germany preferred. Home-based or office-based options.
Bachelor's degree or educational equivalent in medical, science, or technology related field or equivalent experience with 12+ years clinical research drug development experience - with a focus towards a deep understanding of the overall clinical development process, including 8+ years' experience in clinical planning, clinical trial operations, clinical trial design and 5+ years' experience in Consultative/Facilitation experience to manage to outcomes.
• Project Management experience and/or education
• Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills for relationship building
• Strong demonstrated technical understanding - scientific, operational and commercial
• Excellent insight and proactive problem solving through innovative and pragmatic solutions
• Demonstrated high tolerance for technological challenges
• Proven experience of managing raw data, through to aggregated information, to drive knowledgeable outcomes
• Deep demonstrated comprehension of emerging clinical development information needs and related technology and processes
• Demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit and role/task versatility
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and facilitation skills
• Experience and ease in dealing with ambiguity and novel situations
• Improvisational skills, adaptable, resilient
• Capacity and disposition for collaboration across disciplines
• Ability to connect ideas, people, and information in novel ways to address problems and move projects forward
• Self-starter, highly motivated, quick learner
• Strong knowledge of decision analysis techniques, database analysis methods, statistical analysis and reporting, and technical writing
• Strong computer skills, including database mining and Microsoft Office applications
• Good influencing and negotiation skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to lead, guide and motivate others to achieve desired results
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and customers
• Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers.
• Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech.
• Regular sitting for extended periods of time.
• Up to 25% Travel
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes.
Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there!
We invite you to join IQVIA™.
A little about us:
IQVIA™ has approximately 55,000 employees in more than 100 countries, all committed to making the potential of Human Data Science a reality, and we are actively hiring.