Join Capital One’s Consumer Bank team in creating the financial products and services for people that will redefine banking as we know it today. As a Design Strategist, you will be working with UX designers, product managers, business analysts and technology developers to shape the banking experiences of over 60 million customers. As both a maker with a passion for your craft and a strategic thinker with big ideas for the future, you will help lead a cultural shift across the enterprise to marry the analytical with the creative. You will represent a different way of working – human-centered and iterative – by collaborating with multidisciplinary teams to take on our toughest business challenges and define compelling solutions for customers.
As a Design Strategist, Manager on this team, you will:
- Lead teams and multiple projects through discovery, synthesis, ideation, design, and testing of new product and service concepts to drive business intent and outcomes.
- Translate insights and strategy into concept prototypes to communicate your vision through your artifacts.
- Adapt and create new methodologies (design research, work-session facilitation, prototyping) to deliver to project objectives and changing business contexts.
- Drive strategic consideration of the desired customer experience through frameworks, portfolio/product prioritization, roadmaps, etc.
- Provide design/UX direction for development, testing, and refinement of digital and service prototypes
- Use visual and tangible storytelling to share your discoveries, influence stakeholders and create energy around an idea or an initiative
- Define workstreams to reveal the rich, holistic picture of the challenge at hand through a balanced understanding of human / business / technical perspectives
- Leverage your generative work style: you can visualize and prototype rapidly in multiple mediums for interaction at different levels of fidelity (e.g. physical, digital, sketches, wireframes)
You’re a good fit if you:
• Are comfortable navigating highly-regulated industries
• Are excited to work with multidisciplinary teams and adept at facilitating alignment across different perspectives
• Use design to communicate complex concepts simply and always strive to make things tangible, whether they’re conversations, frameworks, or ideas
• Stay on top of the latest technology trends and are up for the challenge of bringing new technologies to a conservative industry
• Bachelor’s degree or military experience
• At least 5 years of experience in design strategy, UX design, communication design, or industrial design
• Master’s degree in design or business
• Strong expertise in human-centered design and design thinking tools and methods
• Experience with a digital product & services company
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.