201 Third Street (61049), United States of America, San Francisco, California
On the Café Design team you will be at the forefront of Capital One’s efforts to reimagine everyday banking—our Capital One Cafés. For our customers, Capital One Cafes are community centers where they can come in, take care of everyday banking needs, and catch up with friends, work, or me-time over a cup of coffee and a snack. For Capital One, our cafes are an opportunity to showcase our take on banking—digital first, customer-focused, empowering.
As a Design Strategist, Sr. Manager, on this team you will:
- Oversee multiple projects to bring new product concepts and experiences to life in our cafes
- Build and mentor a team of design strategists that can adapt to regularly changing business context
- Work with multidisciplinary teams of designers, architects, business analysts, café ambassadors, brand and content strategists, and bankers to create seamless end-to-end experiences
- Be the voice of the customer in business strategy and planning meetings
- Develop frameworks, portfolio/product prioritization, roadmaps, etc. that help drive strategic consideration of the desired customer experience
- Use visual and tangible storytelling tools to share your discoveries, influence stakeholders, and create energy around an idea or an initiative
You’re a good fit if you:
- Understand that good design balances user, business, and technical feasibility needs
- Are comfortable navigating highly regulated industries
- Have experience using design to drive business intent and outcomes
- Are adept at facilitating alignment across different perspectives
- Use design to communicate complex concepts simply and always strive to make things tangible, whether they’re conversations, frameworks, or ideas
- Stay on top of the latest technology trends and are up for the challenge of bringing new technologies to a conservative industry
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 7 years of experience in design strategy, UX design, communication design, or industrial design.
- At least 2 years of experience leading teams
- Master’s degree in design
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry
- Experience with a digital product & services company
- Experience with physical service design
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.