Design Strategist/ Experience Designer - Manager
Join an exclusive team of product designers and design strategists who are shaping the financial experiences of over 60 million customers. As a maker and strategic thinker with a focus on innovation for our banking business, you will have the opportunity to define, design, and develop new products and services that defy industry expectations and meet real human needs. On the Design Strategy team you will be on the forefront of leading a culture shift in our organization to marry the analytical with the creative. You will represent a different way of working – human-centered and iterative – by collaborating in small multidisciplinary teams and simplifying problems into compelling solutions.
As a Design Strategy Manager, you have:
- Led teams through discovery research, synthesis, ideation, design, and testing of new product concepts.
- A balanced understanding of human / business / technical perspectives and create new methods or flex old ones in order to meet overall project goals and timelines
- A strategic lens within projects that includes consideration of the overarching customer experience, strategic frameworks, product portfolio, roadmap, etc.
- A generative work style. You are able to prototype rapidly in multiple mediums and levels of interactivity. (physical, digital, low and hi-fidelity, tangible and conceptual)
- The ability to translate insight and strategy into concept prototypes and communicate your vision through your artifacts.
- An aptitude for providing direction from a UX perspective on the development, testing, and refinement of digital prototypes
- Strength in using storytelling to share your discoveries, influence stakeholders and create energy around an idea or an initiative
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience with Product Design & Design Strategy
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- 1 year of experience with a Digital Product & Services company
- 1 year in a start-up environment
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.