Ready to transform health care? IBM Watson Health is ushering in the next era of health care by using Cognitive Computing to tackle some of the industry's most challenging problems - like revolutionizing how doctors research cancer and identifying new drugs to treat diseases. By making connections that may not have been previously considered, Watson can generate new insights such as expedite the process of matching subjects to clinical trials and keep patient safe from the adverse effects of drugs.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Design Team Lead on our Watson for Oncology team responsible leading a team of UX Designers, Design Researchers and Visual Designers.
Our environment is ever changing and requires a candidate who is flexible, thrives in ambiguity and can effectively collaborate across cross-functional groups and locations. Responsibilities include:
- Deliver, review and critique the designs of a multi-skilled design team to ensure effective and rich designs (great interaction, supreme visual styling, consistent and appropriate use of voice and tone, etc)
- Work with UX designers, researchers and product managers to understand user's needs and behaviors
- Participate in and lead lean UX activities (in person and remote) in an Agile environment such as user/design research, interviews and workshops
- Analyze and synthesize the findings; distilling the inherent complexity in the user's experiences and identify the right problems to solve
- Translate findings into usable, useful, and desirable user experiences
- Clearly and quickly deliver ideas to cross-functional teams
- Test and validate working hypotheses with users through usability testing of wireframes, clickable prototypes and published product, and participate in design critique
- Work with Designers and Developers to bring concepts to life while maintaining best practices
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.