Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
The Visa Corporate IT group has embarked on a major transformation journey. We will not follow the 'traditional' IT playbook of simply purchasing off the shelf solutions and stitching them together. We are transforming ourselves into a true engineering organization where we put customer experience first, create highly leveraged (and loved) platforms with a heavy emphasis on operational excellence such as ensuring our platforms and services are unbreakable. Where we choose to continue with packaged software we will invent our way around their limitations such as poor UI or scale.
The Customer Experience (CX) team within Corporate IT believes that great design has the ability to engage and inspire users and we strive to rethink and redefine how users interact with our corporate applications and products. We are a team of creative and collaborative strategic thinkers, and conceptual problem solvers who make every decision an informed one. We value precision coupled with a "get it done" mindset, and look for proven skills over big egos. If you are obsessed with the customer experience, this is the team for you!
The role of Customer Experience Design Thinker within Visa's Corporate IT Customer Experience team is an extraordinary opportunity to drive Design Thinking and User Experience best practices into the heart of
every Visa Corporate application, product, service and process. We are looking for someone with Design
Thinking experience who is passionate about customer experience and is thrilled to work on behalf of our global Corporate IT (CIT) team to support them with recommendations that span such topics as organizational development, change management, process improvement and technology implementation. The position provides a unique chance to be on the forefront of the ongoing transformation of the division, closely cooperating with all management levels and getting insights in the corporate strategy. Responsibilities
- Exercise all aspects of Design Thinking, including interviewing, requirements gathering, empathy mapping, brainstorming, storyboarding and feedback loops.
- Build capability within project teams to deliver the right business outcomes while creating a great employee/user experience
- Work with product managers, developers, designers and testers to inform and influence solutions that will delight and benefit users
- Lead development teams through aspects of Design Thinking, including interviewing, requirements gathering, empathy mapping, brainstorming, storyboarding and feedback loops
- Assist development teams with creating user personas and customer profiles to better understand customers and customize solutions where possible
- Develop measures of how well applications and services are perceived by customers
- Identify areas of process-improvement within Corporate IT and across the Technology & Operations division
- Create meaningful documentation that translates data into insights that help leaders make better and informed decisions
- Create robust communications/change plans
- Lead post-project reviews to identify areas of success and improvement opportunities and create a feedback loop for incorporating lessons learned into future projects
- Bachelor's degree in business, organizational development, human-computer interaction,cognitive science, psychology, or information technology
- 5+ years of experience in usability, user research and analysis or UI design,
Understanding of Corporate Technology function in a large company is a plus
- Understanding of Agile, Lean, Six Sigma, Human-Centered Design, or Design Thinking is a plus
- Proven experience in creating new processes or ideas
- Able to take feedback constructively and iterate on designs and ideas from multiple
stakeholders with differing opinions
- Ability to perform and make decisions in an environment of high ambiguity
- Ability to learn on the fly and quickly assimilate new information
- Excellent analytical abilities and attention to detail
- Proven problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders including technical
developers, business leaders and users
- Curious and creative thinker, who is able to ask "why" and "why not, and can
effectively innovate big ideas and also work out the details
- Must have a passion for championing customer experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products for Windows including Word, Excel, SharePoint
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.