The Dell EMC Designated Support Engineer provides personalized, in-depth technical support and proactive planning to a designated customer. The Designated Support Engineer is the customer's central point of contact for problem management, service call resolution, proactive support, and troubleshooting as it relates to the assigned Dell EMC product/s . The Engineer combines technical skills with strong problem solving, communication, business, and management skills to address and resolve a diverse range of complex problems. Using sound judgment and limited direction, the Designated Support Engineer works closely with Engineering and other technical business units to ensure resolutions are expedited and to proactively revise procedures and tools to improve overall customer satisfaction.
**PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES**
· The Designated Support Engineer is the central point of contact for product related issues and manages the customer relationship from a technical support perspective with minimal supervision. Provides proactive technical support and clearly communicates procedural and status updates in complex and often critical customer environments. The Designated Support Engineer may be designated to provide support to the customer remotely or on an exclusive basis at the customer site.
· Understands the customer's technical environment through regular communication and business reviews. Develops support plans that recognize the customer's priorities, challenges, initiatives, and potential areas for improvement. Regularly reviews and provides guidance on upcoming product line features with customer. Provides regular status reports and outlines upgrade plans jointly with customer. Using independent judgment and technical expertise, the DSE identifies, documents, and reports issues with design, reliability, and maintenance issues. May perform in a project leadership role.
· In addition to their technical expertise, DSEs have direct linkage into other key Dell EMC organizations necessary for fast problem escalation, expedited resolution status, and to prioritize product defects and issues.
· Critical Technical Knowledge: Depending on the customer's Dell EMC product suite being supported, the Designated Support Engineer will have an architectural understanding of the customer's storage environment. This may include product components from the software or hardware offerings of Dell. For a software DSE one or more operating systems/relational databases, understanding of network/security layers, architectural savviness to troubleshoot customer API solutions and knowledge of prevalent Programming languages such as, but not limited to, C++, Visual C++, Java/JavaBeans, HTML, Perl, SQL are a plus. Symmetrix, Clariion, Celerra Centera and switch expertise will be taken into consideration for specific platforms-based DSE positions. The ability to utilize various diagnostic utilities will be essential to these positions.
· Technical Expertise in one or more Dell EMC product suite areas.
· Must have industry related experience and/or have in-depth Dell EMC technical support experience and understand the market and business trends of Dell in order to identify and anticipate problems. Demonstrates superior analytical and problem solving skills while managing diverse and complex issues in high-pressure environments.
· Works closely with engineering, product management, and other key internal organizations to drive innovation and performance around product requirements, enhancements, process improvements, and industry best practices. Dell EMC Proven Professional Certification desired.
**·** **Experience with Isilon Product Support Required.**
· Heavy Linux/Unix system admin experience. Heavy storage admin/ customer service experience.
· Networking experience. Windows SMB experience a plus. 20% Travel.
· Understanding of Dell EMC’s products and their value added to the customer.
· Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge.
· Customer focused.
· Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
· Troubleshooting skills.
· Communication skills.
· Ability to influence others to achieve results.
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
**Critical Hiring Criteria:**
Customer Service & Support
205 - ISILON
US - Utah - Draper