A fully competent designer who performs varied modeling and detail assignments of an advanced technical nature requiring full use and application of drafting methods. Works independently with minimal supervision. Uses conventional and innovative methods to accomplish assigned projects.
1. Design/drafting experience in Pro-E, preferably in the area of variable speed drive (VSD) and control panels. Experience must including the following:
a) sheet metal layout
b) assembly drawings
c) packaging of electronic/mechanical components in tight spaces
d) wiring schematics, including ladder and point-to-point wiring diagrams
2. Prepare drawings for piece parts and sub - assemblies as well as layouts of complete units or assemblies for an entire product line.
3. Utilize CAD systems to prepare drawings and layouts related to assignments, Pro-E cabling experience is a plus.
4. Utilize computer software to complete and verify designs.
5. Plan, coordinate, and oversee drafting activities related to specific design assignments
6. Reports on project status in written and verbal form to engineering, engineering management, customers, and suppliers.
7. Functions as a technical member of an engineering project team, engineering change team, or material review board and maintains focus on project schedules and follows through to meet them.
8. Demonstrate knowledge of manufacturing processes.
9. Provide recommendations on practices within design specialty to engineers.
10. Provide direction and training to and check work of less experienced Pro-E users.
1. This position requires an Associate Degree or equivalent. 7 years minimum experience.
2. General understanding of internal business practices.
3. Proficient in the use of Microsoft tools such as Excel, Word, etc.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.