Provides drafting and design support for engineering departments by assuming full drafting responsibility for assigned projects from concept to customer, subject to supervisory review with latitude for independent action to resolve most problems with marketing, manufacturing, and vendors.
1. Prepare drawings of piece parts and assemblies of unusual, complex or original concept in design requiring a high degree of precision and expertise from engineering data, e.g., casting drawings, deep draw stamping drawings, system arrangements, etc.
2. Prepare layouts of complex units or assemblies for entire projects, which frequently do not include existing precedents.
3. Utilize CAD system to prepare drawings and layouts as related to job.
4. Prepare bills of material and prelists using computerized bill of material system.
5. Prepare order edit data for manuals.
6. Check work of others.
7. Train less experienced drafters in areas of technical and practice knowledge.
8. Recommend course of action to supervision for establishing schedules and maintain them by directing work of others.
9. Demonstrate knowledge of drafting standards, purchasing and manufacturing specifications for preparation, release, and revision of drawings.
10. Demonstrate knowledge and use of codes or standards for design applications and conformance as related to job.
11. Demonstrate knowledge of manufacturing processes such as tooling limitations as defined by drafting manual.
12. Review project specifications and requirements to assure conformance of design and fabrication of product.
13. Exercise leadership of drafters.
This position requires:
1. Associates Degree or equivalent.
2. 7 years minimum experience.
3. ProEngineer/Creo with Windchill/PDMLink experience 5 years minimum
4. Experience with large assemblies, piping, and weldments
5. Pressure vessel experience a plus
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.