Provides drafting and design support for engineering departments and manufacturing facilities by designing new products, revising existing products, and maintaining all required documentation for revision control of design data within the CAD and MRP systems.
1. Determine the scope of work required and prepare a plan for the completion of all design work.
2. Research how change requests impact other models and options and take precautions to avoid any unintended effects.
3. Prepare models and drawings of components and assemblies for a broad range of chiller equipment sizes and configurations.
4. Prepare bills of material and prelists using computerized bill of material system.
5. Prepare data for Engineering Order Manuals.
6. Check work of others.
7. Train less experienced drafters in areas of technical and practice knowledge.
8. Continually monitor current project status against the project plan and advise management when progress is deviating from that plan.
9. Demonstrate knowledge of drafting standards, purchasing and manufacturing specifications for preparation, release, and revision of drawings.
10. Demonstrate knowledge and use of codes or standards for design applications and conformance as related to job.
11. Demonstrate knowledge of manufacturing processes and develop designs that are well aligned with manufacturing capabilities.
12. Review project specifications and requirements to assure design meets all deliverables.
13. Lead the work and professional development of more junior drafters.
This position requires:
1. Associates Degree or equivalent.
2. 7 years minimum experience.
3. ProEngineer/Creo with Windchill/PDMLink experience 5 years minimum. Proficiency in basic MS Excel required.
4. Experience with sheet metal, piping, and assemblies
5. Experience with leading design projects
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.