Location: York, Pennsylvania
Posted: November 25, 2016
Reference ID: 2000224881
Business Application Support role, supporting primarily a system that is used for online ordering of equipment and parts. Additionally, will be trained to support several desktop selection tools.
Salesforce experience is preferred
Job Title - Business Support Specialist I
Extensive customer service and help desk experience
Under general direction, provides first and second level technical support for custom Engineering and Business Management software and systems. Responsible for identifying and delivering solutions for problems encountered in the use of these custom systems to broad spectrum of users. Additional responsibilities include project management with an emphasis on delivering technical solutions to various supplier teams. Our diverse environment requires an individual dedicated to team principles while demonstrating self-initiative.
1. Provides second tier technical support, incident/ problem management to end users via the phone on moderately complex issues regarding computer operations, networks and enterprise systems. This includes software support, administration, installations, setups, error messages, system status, etc.
2. Assists application supplier teams on new or current software, hardware, testing, upgrades, and implementations.
3. Directs less experienced technical support staff in research, analysis, and instruction.
4. Maintains accurate and consistent records of all incidents and the resolutions provided in each instance
5. Utilizes information gathered by incident and problem type to proactively improve our overall service through ongoing development of knowledge management system.
6. Collaborates closely with supplier teams and customers to insure solutions to problems encountered with enterprise systems are clearly defined, evaluated and resolved.
7. Assists management in Business Applications Support Turnover initiatives between IT and the Business.
8. Provides technical information, assesses the impact on existing operations, and provides timely and direct feedback to department support liaison.
9. Develops knowledge and skills adjust to new technologies deployed within the organization.
10. Performs related duties as assigned
11. Strong customer service skills - frequent end user interaction
Bachelor' Degree or Associate Degree in Computer Science or a closely related discipline or equivalent technical experience. Minimum of 3 years' experience in the technical field (Advanced skills, additional educations, etc. may alter this requirement). Project Management skills desirable. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment, work collaboratively with user, development, and support groups. Excellent written and oral communications skills, required. Must have the ability to be flexible and adaptable in changing situations. Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve a broad range of complex technical problems. Basic networking troubleshooting skills required. Strong understanding of Active Directory environment. Database technology skills, specifically SQL 2008/2012. Experience with CRM and Application Engineering design systems a plus. Strong understanding of Windows Operating Systems is required. Demonstrated skills in use and development of knowledge management systems is required. Possess excellent time management and organization skills with a strong commitment to a team environment.