Robert Half Technology is looking for a Desktop Analyst for a contract role with one of our clients in downtown Seattle. Please send your resume to Jen at Jennifer.email@example.com or call 206-749-9260 for immediate consideration and details about this position.
Serve as a member of the Migration Technician / Service Desk Analyst team which processes and resolves incoming user support issues and questions; helps perform administration and maintenance duties for the Firm's systems infrastructure; installs, moves, changes, and removes hardware and software within the local offices; and provides project, conference, and other support as needed. This person will initially start off on computer migrations. Use MDT for imaging and USMT for profile and data transfers. Will also assist on other projects and with Service Desk work
Main duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Quickly resolve end-user issues that come into the group over the phone, through e-mail, or through face-to-face interactions.
• Provide status and communicate incident resolution to users.
• Track issues and document troubleshooting efforts using a ticketing system.
• Escalate issues as appropriate, and manage queues as assigned.
• Clearly document user requests and issues in tickets and draft Knowledge Base articles as appropriate.
• Perform basic monitoring functions to verify the health of systems.
Specific skills required:
• Two plus years in a customer support role supporting end user installs, moves, changes, and deploying hardware and software, or equivalent.
• Ability to explain complex technical concepts and processes in clear, concise, fashion to all levels of firm personnel (technical and non-technical users).
• Solid troubleshooting skills.
• Knowledge of computer hardware and peripherals, including ability to test and troubleshoot a variety of complex hardware configurations.
• Knowledge of Active Directory environments and Microsoft SMS.
Education and experience:
• Requires experience in a technical support environment or equivalent including functional knowledge of standard PC hardware and software used in office environments.
• A+ Network+, MCSE, or equivalent technical education strongly preferred.
• An Associate's or Bachelor's degree is preferred.
• Law firm experience preferred.
A little about us:
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world's first and largest specialized staffing services firm.