The role of Desktop Support Analyst 2 is to help employees with all facets of the corporate computing environment. The Desktop Support Analyst must combine an understanding of Macintosh & Windows with firsthand experience. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills combined with technical skills are essential to providing a "white-glove" level of support to the employee community.
* Ability to troubleshoot software, hardware and connectivity issues remotely
* Ability to understand & articulate root cause on customer issues
* Experience with installation, upgrade, and maintenance of software, hardware, and peripherals
* Familiarity with encryption and security tools and triaging within this environment
* Assist customers in gaining access to various systems and servers
* Provide support for remote employees using Citrix environments, VDI machines, and Avaya/Cisco telephony
* Setup and maintain shared mailboxes/distribution lists in Exchange Distribute and patch software using Casper and LANDesk technologies
* Communicate call trends and challenges in daily team meetings
* The ability to take on small projects from start to finish
* Keep Knowledge Base and process documentation up-to-date
* Work closely with the team to resolve or properly close aging tickets
* Manage the individual and ticket queue for the team
* Ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction
* 3-5 years of Service Desk or Desktop Support experience for both PC and Mac required
* Experience working with multiple customers face to face in a 'Genius Bar' type of corporate environment is preferred
* Strong interpersonal/communication skills with the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical users effectively
* Passionate about providing excellent customer service and follow-thru to completion
* Minimum of an Associate's Degree in a computer technology or equivalent from two-year College or technical school
* Familiarity supporting Mac OS X & Windows 7
* Previous experience with Microsoft Office is preferred
* Good problem solving, diagnosis and troubleshooting skills
* The ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment is a must
* Familiarity with wired and Wi-Fi Networking with Windows Active Directory
* Familiarity with Exchange, AD, Software Distribution Systems, and related technologies
* Familiarity with Video Conferencing support and communication technologies such as Jabber and Blue Jeans is a plus
* Familiarity with ticketing systems such as Service Now is a plus
* Strong mobile support (Android, iOS, etc) experience
* Ability to work independently and within a team
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.