Candidate Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Independently analyze, diagnose and resolve complex tasks or problems related to AZ systems and applications. If unable to resolve, determine appropriate department for resolution and escalate per Service Level / Operating Level agreements. Maintain communications with customers and technical experts until resolution.
- Work as an integral part of a team with peers and co-workers; assess skills of others to identify appropriate resources to resolve customer problems/tasks.
- Troubleshoot and resolve trouble tickets related to technical difficulties with hardware and software
- Staff a walk-up tech bar (known as AskIT) and provide just-in-time technical and how-to support to customers
- Use remote access tools to transfer files to client PCs and troubleshoot problems
- Meet and work with external resources to identify process/procedures/automation opportunities; communicate issues effectively to team members and management; and follow through on projects/problems/tasks until completion.
- Work with customers and team members to ensure that the mission and goals are being met. This includes SLA/OLA reviews, ticket reviews, and customer satisfaction reports/surveys. Solicit ideas from customers and IT/IS staff to focus on the problem/task and work together to accomplish assignments.
- Assist co-workers with resolution of problems through training, tools and support.
- Liaise with highly technical IT/IS support staff, as well as non-IT/IS customers, and communicate information effectively in all situations.
- Act as primary liaison with customers regarding desktop applications, and/or systems issues as they relate to the AZ environment.
- Support Hardware image configuration for desktop and laptops
- Provide "hands and eyes" support for network, servers, and conference rooms as needed and as directed by the service provider
Successful candidates will be required to demonstrate the following capabilities & skills:
- Minimum 2 years' experience supporting Windows environment, in a Desktop Support environment
- Thorough knowledge of Lenovo desktops and laptops as well as MS operating systems and applications
- Ability to install and configure complex software applications and to provide support for upgrades and enhancements
- Experience analyzing, managing, expediting and resolving issues with timely customer follow up
- Analytical, interpersonal, communication, organizational, numerical, and time management skills to meet position objectives
- Proven ability to multitask effectively while maintaining high quality
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic environment
- Must be able and willing to work in a walk-up tech bar in which customer service skills are paramount and there is a high degree of pressure for quick answers and results
- Must display patience and understanding when dealing with difficult customers (both internal and external) and must be able to resolve difficult interactions effectively
- Must possess a commitment to providing exceptional customer service and focusing on the customer first rather than focusing on SLAs first
Apply now to learn more about this exciting opportunity with a world renowned pharmaceutical brand!
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law
A little about us:
At AstraZeneca, we believe the best way we can help patients is to focus on breakthrough science in order to uncover disease mechanisms and develop novel, targeted therapies that interact with them. This is at the heart of our purpose as a company: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines.