A Government client of TEKsystems in Lansing is looking to add a strong Desktop Support technician to their team. This is a long term contract with great stability. Please apply to learn more!
US Secret clearance is required, applicants not eligible for a secret clearance are not eligible to work in this environment.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works independently
- Image and deploy 500 laptop and workstation systems throughout the state.
- Maintain and repair all program resources throughout the 55 locations statewide.
- Perform system patching, updates, refresh of operating system image.
- Installation of all peripherals, projectors, printers, camera's, sound equipment and recording devices.
- Configuring, installation, and support of all video conferencing systems.
- Configuring and maintenance of routers, switches, and bridge system for conferencing.
- Manage and coordinate calendars and scheduling tools for 55 systems and 500 computers.
- Schedule and coordinate all audio and video conferences with owned locations and distant locations throughout the world.
- Prepare rooms for scheduled video or audio conferences.
- Daily employee will make decisions determining most critical response needs from received requests.
- Employee will make decisions about scheduling of resources based on level of need and resources available.
- Software or hardware changes made to equipment in support of program or mission requirements.
- Large amount of lifting and bending is required, climbing ladders, working in small or high areas, use of tools typically associated with running cable, testing systems, or repairing computer or network equipment.
- Employee should be able to lift 50 pounds independently and up to 100 pounds with assistance to facilitate moving or installing equipment.
- Employee works with sharp tools and electronic tools daily.
- All of these tasks represent 75% of an average workday. 2-3 years experience is required
About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
- High school graduate, college is not necessary but post HS training in computers is preferred. A+ certification, NW+ certification is preferred
- CompTIA Security+ CE certification is required
- US Secret clearance is required, applicants not eligible for a secret clearance are not eligible to work in this environment.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science is preferred
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.