Desktop Support EngineerJob Description:
- Providing architecture, deployment and technical support of the client technology assets (PCs Laptops, etc.) for all associates
- Administers desktop management and develop PC imaging policies, procedures. (Ghost, SCCM)
- Creates, tests, validates, documents, updates, and maintains desktop and laptop images
- Creates strategies for desktop deployments and software upgrades to include repackaging, distribution, and rollback (Prism, SCCM)
- Installs, maintains, and upgrades imaging desktop applications, which may include end user computer infrastructure, and application systems
- Designs, builds, tests and deploys application packages utilizing packaging tools and scripting utilities (Prism, PowerShell, PSExec)
- Provides IT support team with assistance in utilizing full functionality of desktop management applications, including asset management, remote control (via LAN, WAN and internet)
- Installs, tests, maintains, and upgrades corporate anti-virus application, deploys Windows OS and application security patches, hot fixes and updates.
- Provides IT management with regular reports related to deployments, asset inventory and software compliance. Communicate project status and take lead on small and large scale of projects.
- Troubleshoot problems with corporate and property Technology infrastructure
- Understands core LAN/WAN network technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Routing, switches, wiring)
- 3-5 years of experience with Desktop Engineering and architectural support planning and strong focus on the technical elements of desktop, Microsoft AD, and GPO
- 3-5 years of experience supporting desktop hardware, software and strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to gather all relevant information, identify problems, and implement solutions quickly
- 5-7 years of experience in direct End User Support (application, imaging, hardware, user connectivity)
- Strong skills in general MS Office application troubleshooting
- Experience in installation, upgrades, and support of Windows desktops
- Experience supporting End User Computing devices/BYOD/Cellular devices
- Experience supporting remote users
- Experience working with WYSE Thin Clients and using WYSE Device Manager a plus
- Strong understanding of Networking and Firewall Fundamentals
About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
- Minimum 2 yr. degree, 4 year degree preferred
- 1-2 years of customer facing Windows desktop or server support
- 1-2 years of experience with Desktop Engineering and architectural support
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.