SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Cadidates MUST hold ACTIVE Secret Clearence and SECURITY+CE:
* Install, upgrade, support, and troubleshoot printers, computer hardware, Windows 7 OS, Office 2007 and other authorized desktop applications and peripheral equipment.
* Perform general preventative maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, printers, and any other authorized peripheral equipment unless prohibited by existing customer warranties.
* Responsible for monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting, and restoring service to client personal computers (PCs) or laptops that have authorized access to the network.
* Escalate the issue/problem to proper Tier 3 Support team members when the restoration is beyond the scope of the computers, laptops, printers and any other authorized peripheral.
* Develop trends by monitoring and analyzing incoming calls, problems and support requests.
* Troubleshoot hardware and application-support queries and issues reported to the service desk.
* Provide user data and application recovery.
* Use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot problems associated with network connectivity and workstation hardware/software.
* Use approved tools and methodologies to image, copy and configure systems for deployment.
* Familiarize and train end users on basic software, hardware, and peripheral device operation.
* Take ownership and responsibility of queries, issues, and problems (tickets) assigned.
* Escalate issues and involve experts wherever required in order to achieve resolution as needed.
* Operate within and enforce the rigorous application of Army Information Security/Information Assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of customer support services.
* Correctly record work requests using the Remedy Ticketing system.
* Develop a sound understanding of Information Technology (IT) operations and related applications and IT systems as well as business-related processes and procedures.
* Maintain adequate knowledge of approved operating systems and application software used to provide a high level of support.
* Maintain and consistently demonstrate a general knowledge of company guidelines, processes, practices and procedures.
* Expert technical knowledge of PCs and desktop hardware
* Authoritative knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards
* Operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories
* Software and hardware troubleshooting
* Windows 7 operation and troubleshooting
* Microsoft Office 2007, Office 2010 support
* TCP/IP fundamentals
* Working knowledge of AD, Exchange 2007/2010 and remote control tools
* Planning and organizing skills
* Function effectively in a team environment with both technical and non-technical team members
* Work effectively with minimal supervision
* Manage time efficiently, set priorities appropriately, schedule calls
* Maintain professional demeanor under stress
* Operate within customer standard operating procedures
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.