Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility. Desktop Engineering Specialist - SCCM Locations (positions can be located in any of these regions):
Remote - Arizona; Remote - Southern California; Remote - Colorado; Remote - Georgia; Remote - Illinois; Remote - Maryland; Remote - Massachusetts; Remote - New Jersey; Remote - Pennsylvania; Remote - Texas; or Remote - VirginiaOverview:
Dell is looking for motivated individuals to work in the security and desktop engineering space at one of our large global customers based in Tempe, Arizona. The actual position may be physically located remotely, but it does support a 24x7 operation so some work may be done outside local business hours. The current position uses mostly Microsoft and McAfee products for endpoint security, endpoint management, active directory and packaging. The customer is considered complex with the team exposed to many areas of their business, so it offers good exposure to business practices and technology development. In addition, many of the products we work with are leading edge technologies, working closely with Microsoft and McAfee development teams.
The Desktop Engineering Specialist provides infrastructure support for the customer.Primary Role Responsibilities:
- Ensures optimum IT infrastructure performance and integrity
- Ensures consistency and synchronization across infrastructure components
- Ensures performance optimization, and maintenance by following operational procedures for maintaining and upgrading technology as required
- Involved in supporting new and existing applications
- Works with other IT groups and business units, troubleshooting and resolving technical problems
- Assists in implementing fixes for performance issues
- Assists with implementing computing architecture based on approved designs
- Assists with problem resolutions that have been escalated
- Participates on cross functional teams to assist in design IT infrastructure architecture; utilizes technical knowledge in departmental efforts
- Builds and sustains effective communications with all stakeholders
- 0 to 2 years' experience in a Windows Server or Workstation Support role
- Must be a US citizen, Green Card holder or Permanent Resident
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Experience in a customer facing environment
- Strong understanding and competence in virtual computing environment
- Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Communication skills
Why work with us?
- Familiarity with Windows 7, Windows 10, Server 2003-12
- Knowledge of server and storage hardware systems, including working level knowledge of RAID, BIOS, etc.
- Knowledge of VMware environment - building and support
- Experience with Active Directory
- Experience in remote repair via a DRAC or other remote management system
- SQL experience - support and query creation - is a plus
- Knowledge of backup environments and software (e.g. Backup Exec) is a plus
- Unix/Linux experience is a plus
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential
- Our team members' health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work
is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here .
Job Family: Information Technology
Job ID: R20004
A little about us:
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.