**Long-Term Contract Desktop Support Technician Opportunity in Pensacola, FL****Qualified Candidates MUST have an ACTIVE Secret Clearance & Current A+, Network + or Security + Certification** Top Requirements:
1) Windows 7 experience
2) Troubleshooting experience with Remedy or What's Up Gold
3) Active Secret clearance
4) Must have a current CompTIA Certification (Security +, A+, Network +)Job Description:
About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
- Assist in supporting a large environment at various CONUS sites.
- Supporting a Windows 7 environment as well as hardware including Lexmark and Xerox printers.
- Must be very customer service focused and proactively service minded.
- Under general direction, applies specialized knowledge in a single discipline such as assembly/integration, cross-discipline functions, data engineering, industry expertise, knowledge engineering or legacy evolution.
- Applies specialization to conceptualize, design, construct, test and implement portions of business and technical information technology solutions through application of appropriate software development life cycle methodology.
- Interacts with the customer to gain an understanding of the business environment, technical context and organizational strategic direction.
- Defines scope, plans and deliverables for assigned projects.
- Collects, identifies, defines and organizes detailed user and information technology requirements.
- Coordinates and collaborates with others in analyzing collected requirements to ensure plans and identified solutions meet customer needs and expectations.
- Confirms and prioritizes project plans and deliverables with the customer.
- Participates in business and technical information technology solution implementations, upgrades, enhancement and conversions.
- Understands and uses appropriate tools to analyze, identify and resolve business and or technical problems.
- Applies metrics to monitor performance and measure key project criteria.
- Prepares system documentation.
- Establishes and maintains security, integrity and business continuity controls and documents.
- Participates in special studies.
- Stays current on emerging tools, techniques and technologies.
- Assists information engineers on application of specialized knowledge to coding, testing, implementation and documentation projects.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.