What you’ll be doing...
The DevOps CICD Engineer will have a demonstrable, successful track record in a significant number of the following attributes:
- Writing and deploying automation to maintain our deployments across multiple environments.
- Linux administration (RHEL preferred)
- Providing assistance to DEV and QA groups to include: participating in meetings, building out environments, troubleshooting deployment/configuration related problems
- Creating and maintaining modules for a Config Management platform across multiple environments
- Scripting ability (BASH, python, PHP)
- Familiar with Ansible configuration management
- Experience using, managing, or performing automation activities around the EMC Federation Hybrid Cloud solution
- Worked in a cloud based environment long enough tounderstand how to appropriately manage PaaS/IaaS/SaaS and Agile environments
- This candidate’s prime role is going to be to automate enterprise shared services through coding… Ideally 70% of this person’s work will be doing development and could vary
- The ideal candidate should love coding and should be ready to think automation
- Knowledge of network architecture and troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL (experience with database replication is a plus)
- Experience with continuous integration in a highly available production environment is desirable
- Ability to interface with internal customers in order to consult on requirements and discuss solutions
- Can leverage a team of individuals with varying skill sets in order to devise a wholistic solution
- Willing to throw your ego out the window in order to collaborate with a team and arrive at the best possible solution for the organization
- Passionate about automating and improving release and deployment processes
- A strategic and innovative mindset - can engineer technical solutions as well as perform process engineering
What we’re looking for...
- Understanding of virtualization concepts
- Strong Linux administration experience
- Ability to take vague requirements and apply vision and strategic direction in order to arrive at a final product
- High level of attention to detail
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS
- Very strong experience with Linux systems administration (RHEL/Ubuntu)
- Programming Languages: Java, Bash and/or Python programming skills to automate any installation/build/delivery process
- Automating the build-out and deployment of virtual nodes using Ansible
- Use of service registries like Etcd, Consul, Zookeeper, Curator, Eureka etc
- Container orchestration frameworks like Docker, Mesosphere, Rancher, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm
- Very strong experience with app deployment, configuration management using Ansible
- Experience with Git and Subversion
- Experience in administration and development of CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Jenkins, Bamboo, Rundeck (or other CI/CD tools)
- Artifact repository: Nexus, Artifactory
- Experience with Atlasssian products (JIRA, BitBucket, Confluence)
- Scripting using Bash, Python, Perl or similar scripting languages
- Ability to troubleshoot Maven builds of Java apps
- Experience with App Servers: WebSphere Application Server, Apache Tomcat, Camel, Jboss
- Experience writing SQL scripts
- Experience with Splunk, Nagios, is or New Relic a plus
- Build, manage and operate highly available systems utilizing Docker, HAproxy, nginx, Zookeeper, Mesos and Marathon.
- Experience with network infrastructure such as Firewalls, DHCP, DNS, NTP, LDAP, SSL etc.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and delivery of Cloud native solutions.
- Experience with Logstash, elasticsearch and Kibana
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.