UNIX Systems Administrator
Our client is looking for an individual to help support their internal environment and business initiatives at their corporate offices.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of UNIX and LINUX server administration.
Experience with virtualization, web servers, database administration, application servers and systems monitoring is a must.
Daily responsibilities include the monitoring of production systems; the updating of application servers and databases; identifying, troubleshooting and resolving issues for end users and project stakeholders; deploying and documenting environments and applications; designing and executing reports on system and software usage metrics; writing automation to enable support personnel to provide assistant with issue resolution; helping to identify customer business issues and the technologies to resolve them.
* Administer production, staging, test and development environments for a myriad of applications in an agile organization
* Provide training, support and guidance to end users, other administrators, and technical support teams
* Respond to escalated support requests via a ticketing system
* Create and maintain accurate, up-to-date documentation
* Evaluate new vendor patches, releases and products
* Provide input to improve the stability, security, efficiency and scalability of systems
* Administer and ensure the proper execution of backup systems
* Provide 24x7 on-call support to handle urgent escalations
* Minimum 2 years UNIX systems administration experience including support of Internet facing servers and applications.
* Strong troubleshooting ability
* Ability to perform multiple rolls as part of a small IT team including: systems and database administration, project management, business technology consultant, automation engineer, and more.
* Working knowledge of multi-tier applications and their dependencies including load balancing, TCP/IP networking, web services, LDAP and DNS.
* Proficiency with web server administration including Apache and NGINX.
* Knowledge of database support and administration including MySQL, Postgres, & MongoDB.
* Experience with monitoring tools such as Nagios and Splunk
* Experience supporting Oracle and Ruby-on-Rails based applications and their respective deployment methodologies.
* Experience with Chef or similar automation frameworks.
* Proficiency with file servers, including Network Attached Storage (NAS), and associated protocols to serve files across a network: NFS, SMB and AFP.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing justifications, training users in complex topics, writing status reports, documenting procedures, and interacting positively with other staff and management.
* Must be capable of independent problem-solving and self-direction.
* Deftness to handle multiple simultaneous competing priorities and deliver solutions in a timely manner.
* Capability to easily change priorities as the business dictates.
* Basic knowledge of dev ops principles and AGILE development practices, tools and methodologies.
* Knowledge of business continuity planning / disaster recovery processes, procedures and best practices a plus.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.