PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
At Exelon, our Digital team aims to rapidly deliver reliable and innovative products and services that enable the business and enhance our customer’s experience. Our team is excited to create and pave the digital path forward for Exelon. We value our people and the diverse skills and backgrounds they bring to collectively work towards Exelon’s goal of providing clean, affordable and innovative energy to create a more sustainable future for everyone.
As a DevOps Engineer you will actively develop the processes and automation required to scale our rapidly growing Digital Projects solutions and platforms. We are looking for someone to help us design, configure, code and maintain our DevOps tools to meet our increasing digital demand (internal and external).
Additionally, as the DevOps engineer you will be adept at solving complex technical problems that span multiple areas combining software and systems; excel in automation scripting, infrastructure orchestration, release management/configuration management and continuous integration – engineers who consider innovation as a major part of their deliverables. You should be able to identify operational patterns and issues and creatively automate solutions working with different internal engineering teams, business stakeholders, and understanding external requirements to create impactful digital solutions.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Apply DevOps methodologies by creating a more connected IT operations and development processes to increase the speed, efficiency and quality with which digital solutions are delivered
- Provide DevOps mentoring and thought leadership (within advisory and delivery) by focusing on the requirements of our stakeholders and identifying how they would be best served by continuous improvements to our delivery approach
- Architect a project and / or the set of technical and business assurance activities that support the transition of application and infrastructure services from development through to production
- Assist with the release process and develop tooling to automate repeated tasks
- Evaluate new technologies and integrate those that will add value and drive operational efficiency
- 5+ years of technical experience with at least 3 years of experience in implementation work; for example, in enterprise software development or infrastructure automation
- Previous architecture or technical team lead experience, preferably fulfilling an infrastructure or environments management role for major systems delivery
- Architecture and design experience of products and services from current cloud vendors, e.g. Amazon Web Services, Rackspace Cloud, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure
- Experience in a significant delivery or operational role during the go-live of at least two major web sites (or other large IT systems)
- Ability to work in dynamic, often ambiguous conditions requiring rapid transitions between collaborative and individual work
- Strong problem solving and analysis ability
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
- Familiarity with Linux server administration
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools (e.g., Ansible or Chef)
- In-depth knowledge of CI/CD tools (e.g., Jenkins)
- Prior experience in a growing, data-driven software environment is crucial as is a genuine passion for technical problem solving
- A thorough grasp of agile and lean delivery concepts and methodologies, and a history of successfully applying this knowledge to manage teams
- A good understanding of how an IT operations department is typically organized and it’s role within a large company
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work independently as well in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- If the number of deployments per day is a metric that excites you, if scripting automation is your passion, if transformation is your hunger, then you need to consider joining us.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.