Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
The MSIM Sales Technology team drives development & maintenance of Sales & Distribution technology platform. The team is responsible for defining technology strategy in-line with business goals and providing solutions in a very dynamic environment. Sales Platform is a distributed system with several integrated components, providing customized CRM functionality, data/process integration with firm-systems, business intelligence through Reporting & Analytics and data-driven Marketing & Lead Generation.
This position focuses on all stages of SDLC starting from analyzing the Requirements, Designing, Coding, Testing and Deployment of the Sales Platform components. Candidate will be expected to be very hands-on and pick-up domain knowledge. We focus on solving the problem and not to be tied down by technology choices - it is extremely important that you are open to learn & work with technologies that are new to you.
Strong interpersonal skills and team spirit is required in addition to proficiency in verbal and written business communications. This job demands strong work ethic and ability to handle multiple priorities. As part of the team, you will be responsible for maintaining and growing a body of knowledge that is accessible to all team members. We support what we build - you will be responsible for post-production support on a rotation basis. It is very important that candidate is self-motivated and can run independently with minimal supervision.
We are looking for a passionate technologist who's ready to learn & experiment with a wide range of technologies. Ideal candidate will have :
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to analyze and understand data.
- Strong programming fundamentals.
- Extensive hands-on experience with SQL.
- Hands-on experience with either Java or C#. Should be able to demonstrate clear understanding of OOPs in practice.
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux, shell-scripting, excel.
- Salesforce SalesCloud hands-on experience is highly desired. If not, should be ready to learn & work on Salesforce.
- Experience with Analytics, Statistics or Visualization technologies will be an added plus.
- Ability to forge strong relationships and coordinate effectively with multiple parties.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Experience working in a virtual or global team.
- Self-starter and ability to multi task with a -can do- attitude.
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.