Senior Software Engineer
Contributes to the full life cycle of software products. This position requires analysis, design, development, testing, and documentation of a wide variety of software systems and components, data collection and reporting, and database architectureResponsibilities:
This position reports to the Development Team Leader and is responsible for coding and architecture of several projects.
- This position requires that the engineer be willing to work out of our Destin office and be able to travel to customer locations as needed.
- A major participant in agile practices for development of tasks, time frames, design, code, test scripts, and documentation.
- Code to acceptance criteria, performing unit and system testing.
- Develop Quality System Records and follow departmental Quality System practices and procedures.
- Coordinate and participate in paired programming and / or code reviews with other developers.
- Provide training to other internal and external clients on the use of developed software systems.
- Maintain work progress in appropriate process tools.
- Follow Quality processes within a FDLC (Full Development Life Cycle) environment.
- Serve as an internal leader and resource to the Development team, providing mentorship and technical expertise.
Consideration will be given to practical experience. Exposure to information technology or systems integration is also plus. Handheld and tablet experience is also a plus.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science or related field is required.
- 6+ years of post-collegiate experience is a must.
- Experience in writing .NET enterprise applications.
- Experience with HTML and general knowledge of XML, JSON and markup format.
- Experience with server architecture and application server design.
- Broad exposure of computer science is required, including working experience in most of the technologies listed under Preferred Experience.
- Adequate discipline and professionalism to work diligently within software security guidelines and rigorously follow internal Standard Operating Procedures, including exhaustive test procedures.
- A strong attention to detail, the ability to solve problems, and a passion for excellence are critical.
- Excellent written and English verbal communication skills are necessary.
- Organizational and time management skills.
About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related discipline is required or equivalent work experience and technical training.
- A Master's degree in Software Engineering or related discipline is a plus
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.