Developer (Atlassian Application Architecture) (Job Number: 023322)
Corporate Office - 1435 LAKE COOK RD
1435 LAKE COOK RD
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home.
Advances DevOps/RunOps practices throughout the organization by supporting and enhancing JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo/Jenkins and Artifactory applications. As Walgreens' teams around the world depend on these daily, it is imperative that applicant espouse teamwork, flexibility, and a thirst for innovative solutions. A solid technical foundation in Linux and the software development lifecycle is valued as well. Direct experience with the applications is desired, along with working knowledge of Agile development, REST services, Java and shell, Continuous Integration, and application troubleshooting in a distributed, complex environment.
Writes code and scripts that provide desired functionality to system solutions, products and/or programs. Develops systems solutions of basic to intermediate complexity, for all or a component part of an assigned area. Develops, codes, tests, debugs, and documents systems to achieve the objectives of the client group relative to identified system needs, which may be new, replacement of existing systems, or significant modifications of existing software modules. Implements activities that impact discrete components of the functional area. Work is received in short term assignments that require application of independent judgment. Operates within the context of defined procedures. Job Responsibilities
- Applies proven development methodologies, hardware characteristics, and other technologies to produce comprehensive solutions, within the agreed quality, service commitment levels, schedules and budgets for the assigned space. Makes recommendations on proposed solutions.
- Performs and implements daily operational activities that generally impact discrete components / processes of the technology function, including but not limited to writing code and scripts that provide desired functionality to the web-based software sites, products and programs.
- Maintains and support existing and develops web-based prototypes, applications and tools.
- Develops / creates / modifies application code on processes that have moderate effect on business operations, or significant effect on processes specific to a particular department.
- Participates in the evaluation of compatibility of programs with existing communications hardware and software features.
- Participates in developing software protocols to support established standards.
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur.
- Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to appropriate parties.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and/or managers to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities.
- Coordinates cross-functionally to accomplish assigned tasks.
- May assist in live site support and incident resolution that may include on-call rotation.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 2 years of experience in application development and maintenance OR High School Diploma / GED and at least 5 years of application development experience
- Experience developing and writing requirement specifications.
- Experience with software programming languages and coding standards.
- Knowledge of standard test tools and the testing processes.
- Knowledge of SDLC / SW development processed, such as RUP, Agile, and/or Waterfall
- Experience using analytical skills, tools and techniques to investigate information and to draw conclusions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, IS, Mathematics or related filed.
- Working knowledge of JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo/Jenkins, Artifactory applications, ideally with administrative experience as well.
- Experience with a variety of version management systems (git, Subversion, CVS) as well as build automation (gradle, maven, ant).
- Significant understanding of cloud, VM, networking, storage, database, and directory services to enable evolution and troubleshooting of the application environment.
- Experience working with standard test tools and the testing processes.
- Knowledge of technical design process and models.
- Experience with SDLC / SW development processes (RUP, Agile, Waterfall)
- Demonstrated expertise writing professional, quality, secure, performance capable code.
- Experience with software development practices.
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.