Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modeling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
1. Knows Java and is familiar with tomcat and servlet model and their limitations
2. Has a good understanding of asynchronous requests, multithreading and related issues and ways to resolve them
3.Knows Scala or a willingness to learn Scala & other new technologies
4. Has a good understanding of functional programming
5. Has a good understanding of web and web programming principles, cookies, sessions etc.
6. Familiarity with Git, Linux/Unix commands, basic algorithms, data structures
7. Good analytical skills and willingness to learn
8. Good communication skills. Willing to ask questions
9. Team player
Solid, proven server side core Java commercial experience. Familiarity with Spring.
Strong object oriented design and architecture, design patterns, ability to innovate.
SQL, familiarity with one of the major databases: DB2, Sybase, etc.
Familiarity with at least one of Perl, Python or Scala.
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.