Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
Morgan Stanley's Client Portfolio Risk and Margin team is responsible for managing all Client Risk across PB Hedge Funds, OTC Derivatives, Listed, Commodities and FX desks. We build low-latency real-time risk systems and solutions around big data and distributed computing. There is broad exposure to various hedge fund strategies, complex data analytics and quantitative problems across asset classes.
We are looking for an experienced Java programmer to work on strategic initiatives to renovate our client offering for Risk Analytics. We are looking for innovative ideas around both system architecture and visualizations to build our next generation Risk and Margins platform. Key focus is on scale, performance and direct client impact. You will be responsible for direct business face-off and developing our dev strategy. You should be confident working autonomously as well as part of a global team.
- Exceptional hands-on Java experience (3-5 years minimum)
- Well versed in distributed caching strategies, concurrent programming, distributed computing and testing frameworks
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal presentation and analytical skills
- Core Java (8.0), Google Protocol Buffers, Rest, IBM MQ
- Distributed Caching, Concurrent programming, Design patterns & Testing Frameworks.
- Sybase/DB2 knowledge is highly desirable
- Experience with data analytics is a strong positive, as part of an overall development background.
- While prior financial background is not required, a high degree of motivation to learn, innovate and work independently is essential.
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.