TEKsystems has a great and rare opening right now with one of our top customers. This is a 6 month contract to hire role located. This person will work with other Level 2 Software Engineers to design, implement, and test changes to software, databases, and HMI systems. Optimize availability, performance, and quality. You will manage projects relating to Level 2 systems.
• Responsible for all Level 2 functions at SRD
• Work closely with operating, maintenance, and other related technical personnel
• Responsible for monitoring and improving level 2 system performance which includes: troubleshooting issues, improving process models, operational efficiency, database efficiency, and reliability
• Become familiar with and able to support Level 2 systems for the rolling mills, rail weld facility, and melt / cast
• Maintain and modify software programs used in Level 2 tracking and automation
• Manage Level 2 Databases, Servers, and Networks
• Maintain and Upgrade Level 2 Hardware
The first 6 months will be cross training on all areas of the mill. They will be working with other Level 2 engineers learning the mill and documenting all aspects of the mill and how the data moves. They will be training with the Melt Shop, rail weld facility, and rolling mill Level 2 engineers to better understand the environment.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.