This opening is with Arconic Power and Propulsion - a world leader in the investment casting of superalloys, aluminum and titanium primarily for jet aircraft and industrial gas turbine markets. For more information on Arconic, visit us online at www.arconic.com
This position focuses on planning and conducting composition and process development for the manufacture of ceramic cores used in precision investment casting, leading to improved quality and reduced cost. The candidate will serve as lead or key member on teams implementing new ceramic core developments, while helping define direction for future development. The position will require building and maintaining awareness of advancement in ceramic processes, as well as turbine and investment casting needs. In addition, the position will service as technical resource in the support of manufacturing cost reduction and quality improvement efforts. The candidate must be able to communicate through presentations and technical reports to technical staff and management, and must be able to supervise the activities of one or more technicians.Basic Qualifications
- Master's Degree from an accredited institution.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be requied at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. "Green Card Holder"), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Experience leading teams focused on development, and proven successes in process or product implementation/commercialization.
- Good oral and written communication skills, including the ability to document and present results of technical efforts.
- Familiarity with oxide ceramic systems, ceramic forming methods, and thermal processes.
- Understanding of experimental design methods, and demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks quickly and thoroughly with limited direct supervision.
- Ability to interact effectively with technical and manufacturing staff, management, customers, and suppliers.
- PhD from an accredited institution
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.