ESSENTIAL LEADERSHIP CAPABILITIES Strategy and Execution
- The Development Lead is accountable for leading the vision and growth strategy for new oncology assets entering full development.
- In this role, they are also accountable for driving the execution of the strategy.
- Through leading a matrix team, they will assess business opportunities informed by scientific, regulatory, clinical and commercial aspects.
- This role will be a member of the Oncology Leadership Team
- Creates and delivers the vision and strategy for development of new molecular entities
- Shapes products for competitive profiling to support our value story
- Holistically assessing and filling the data need for Registrational and Non-Registrational Data Generation across various markets
- Oversees and adheres to the Product Development and Commercialization (PD&C) processes for the selected asset and achievement of key milestones
- Proactively identifies potential risks and drives the execution of mitigation strategies
- Interpret and communicate key clinical trial results and regulatory milestones to appropriate governance boards
- Develop a data generation strategy that addresses both regulatory and reimbursement needs globally
Leadership and Matrix Management
- Partner with internal teams to develop and execute a Publications Strategy for primary and secondary publications
- Sets a vision for the Development Team and engages the matrix team on that vision
- Manages performance across the matrix team, in collaboration with the functional leaders
- Secures required headcount and budget to achieve global PD&C plan and drives allocation and prioritization of activities across Research and Development, including Regulatory, Worldwide Medical, etc.
- Oversees relevant sub-teams and ensures clear goals and performance standards are in place, provides feedback and coaching, and holds sub-team leaders accountable for key deliverables
Stakeholder Engagement and Communication
- Demonstrates peer-to-peer influence across R&D functional leadership
ESSENTIAL LEADERSHIP CAPABILITIES
- Manages communications with key stakeholders across all BMS functional and market areas to ensure alignment while minimizing risk
Qualifications: DESIRED BACKGROUND, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE
- Ensures appropriate decisions are made in a timely manner and agreed with the appropriate levels to drive PD&C milestones
- Builds and manages relationships with external stakeholders (Opinion Leaders, Strategic Alliance Partners, Patient Advocacy Leaders, Health Authorities)
- Development of an overall communication strategy as well as the publications strategy and plan, PR plan and Broad internal communications
- Supporting Public Affairs and Investor Relations in managing external BMS communications
- MD/PhD/PharmD/secondary scientific degree preferred
- Oncology experience is preferable
- A minimum of 10 years in the pharmaceutical industry, Health Authorities and/or academic experience, with proven progression in relevant R&D roles and significant experience in related therapeutic area
- Extensive working knowledge in the drug development process, along with expertise in one or more of the relevant areas (e.g. clinical, regulatory, program management, project planning and management, medical)
- Experience in managing/leading high performance, cross-functional teams (Matrix) or complex organizations successfully
- Working knowledge of regulations in the Pharmaceutical industry (US and Global preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to successfully and effectively collaborate, cooperate and work across boundaries (e.g. R&D, disease mgt., marketing, external development) and building strong external relationships
- Ability to navigate through a complex and dynamic healthcare environment
- Abreast of scientific issues as they impact business development and strategic planning
- Success in situations requiring rigorous, analytical problem solving and the ability to determine scientific opportunity and commercial targets
- Broad understanding of domestic and international issues relative to the pharmaceutical industry
- Proven agility in prioritizing and navigating competing demands
A little about us:
Our shared focus to become a Diversified Specialty BioPharma company is driving us forward. Pioneering in new areas of research.