State Street is building the next generation credit risk management capabilities to quantify aggregate and report risk measures. We are enhancing our capabilities in credit market and operational risk under market and stress conditions to provide our management and regulators with information that is actionable.
The typical lifecycle of our applications synthesize data from our varied trading and reference systems perform simulation and pricing aggregation and report the results for regulatory and risk management purposes.
State Street Risk and Regulatory Technology Applications Development team is looking for a senior architect/development manager to lead initiatives in this area. The ideal candidate should have intellectual curiosity tenacity to try out several approaches to figure out the optimal path and core hands-on skills in high performance computing. The candidate will be leading a team of geographically distributed developers to deliver solutions to business problems in the risk domain. The candidate is also expected be on call to be an escalation contact if there are production failures.
- \t\tHands on development experience in a database environment with specific experience in data modeling and governance.\t
- \t\tIn-depth understanding of the UNIX operating system.\t
- \t\tDesign and implementation of fault tolerant architectures to optimize operational resiliency for both batch and real-time environments\t
- \t\tExposure to Agile development methodology and delivery leadership of engineering teams.\t
- \t\tBachelor's degree in Quantitative Finance/Economics Computer Science Mathematics Statistics Physics or Engineering. Master's degree is preferred.\t
- \t\t10+ years Progressive experience in software engineering. Exposure to various areas such as databases ETL J2EE Unix architecture of large scale systems and matrix management of geographically distributed developers.\t
- \t\tFamiliarity and interest to do hands-on Proof-of-concept development with Big-Data technologies specifically in the areas of statistical processing of large volume numeric data in-memory aggregation and machine learning. Real-life experience preferred\t
- \t\tStrong inter-personal skills blending in with existing teams and proactively identify and address issues and conflicts in an effective and non-confrontational manner. Interest and willingness to mentor junior developers across geographically diverse locations.\t
- \t\tStrong technical skills and ability to quickly understand the structure of existing systems to figure out means of accomplishing tactical and strategic business objectives within aggressive timelines.\t
- \t\tIn depth knowledge of four or more of the following business/technical areas and willingness to learn more areas from the list below:\t
- \t\tTechnical Delivery Management experience with expertise to understand and oversee complex deliverables and interact with sophisticated business and IT partners.\t
- \t\tExperience in designing and implementing real-time low latency systems in a J2EE environment - for example credit check systems that interface with high speed algorithmic trading systems.\t
- \t\tHands on experience in advanced database programming including building generic frameworks Oracle queues object collections.\t
- \t\tExperience with large volume data handling and query optimization for performance in data warehouse and transaction processing environment.\t
- \t\tUnderstanding of standard credit and market risk measures (such as VaR PFEEE CVA etc) and calculations involved. Business and/or Implementation experience of risk attribution and risk sensitivity analysis\t
- \t\tExposure on pricing and simulation models of FX and fixed income derivatives and associated market data.\t
- \t\tUnderstanding of portfolio level stress testing credit mitigation and aggregation in trading book\t
- \t\tExperience with of High Performance Computing or distributed grid computing (data synapse hadoop etc.). Experience in building platforms with high performance rule based aggregators in a database and in-memory environments.\t
- \t\tExperience working in analytical risk platforms such as Algorithmics and Risk Metrics as well as in-house systems. Development configuration and deployment of risk systems across environments.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.