Power Information Technology
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Development Operations Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Development Operations Engineer is responsible for developing build and release procedures for a particular release of a product under direction from Senior Team Members or management. Contributes to the team and works under supervision.
The Development Operations Engineer will:
* Write code using programming as well as scripting languages required for automation and continuous integration
* Collaborates with Product Teams to implement end to end Build and Release process for a specific release
* Implements build and deployment strategies as recommended by the management
* Writes automation scripts for build and release processes as needed
* Learns about new tools and techniques in build and release functions and shares them with the team
* Demonstrates awareness of various configuration management, build management and continuous integration tools and methodologies
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Understands the importance of Build and Release as part of development life cycle and with reference to continuous integration process. Understands the importance of different software environments like Development, QA and Production
* Demonstrates awareness of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
* Understands data structures and algorithms
* Breaks down problems into smaller segments. Documents & explains the process.
* Understands and applies decomposition (work breakdown structure) of highly exact specifications. Applies time estimates to development tasks
* Implement an extensible and automated code deployment strategy using industry standard tools
* Maintain project code and integrity using an optimized development and testing sandbox strategy
* Enforce coding standards frame work and work with core developers to reduce the introduction of, and minimize technical debt
* Optimize test class execution and code coverage
* Integrate Commercial IT's automated regression test suite with deployment automation to help raise the quality and level of confidence in product releases
* Work with development teams to understand infrastructure security changes within GE, and from Force.com and devise and execute a mitigation plan
* Displays understanding of the project's value proposition for the customer. Shows
* commitment to deliver the best value proposition for the targeted customer.
* Understands how the business solves the problem in specific domain areas using the technology. (Ex: Healthcare domain - EMR Applications)
* Recognizes collaborative behavior and participates in collaborative activities. Does not impede collaboration.
* Respects opinions, recognizes that the group can produce better results than the individual.
* Empathizes with differences, especially those of language, culture, and key performance indicators.
* Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence.
* Reacts open-mindedly to new ideas or Software practices.
* Considers different and novel solutions when faced with challenges. Identifies opportunities for innovation and offers new ideas.
* Takes the initiative to experiment with new software frameworks. Demonstrates the ability to creatively find solutions.
* Implements clean concise solutions that address the requirements at hand.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.