Development Tech Analyst - Round Rock, TX
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: January 08, 2017
Reference ID: 160013SW
Candidate will be responsible for working on special assignments and prototype development projects. Works from developed test plans and written or verbal instructions. Constructs, troubleshoots and tests prototype assemblies, as well as assists engineers in the development process and test phase of prototype systems.
Performs design validations on Server and Storage products.
• Analyzes product characterizations for violations of known specifications, potential violations and supports root cause investigations.
• Proposes and or implements fixes for any known violations.
• Troubleshoots and repairs systems to the component level.
• Sets up, configures and tests prototype systems.
• Assembles and disassembles prototype systems as necessary.
• Researches and learns new technologies and procedures to remain current with industry standards and new products.
• Sets up, operates and calibrates test equipment; verifies/maintains its working condition.
Knowledge of basic principles, methods, technologies and practices of a professional/technical field.
- Apply a basic understanding of the underlying principles of a professional discipline -typically obtained through formal study.
General knowledge of procedures and activities within own work area.
- Ability to relate actual day-to-day work to business priorities. Focused on learning the key aspects and duties of the job being performed.
Applies research, information gathering and analytical skills.
- Selects appropriate alternatives from defined options.
- Collects required documentation; verifies conformance of documents with standards.
- Assesses accuracy of detailed information.
- Tracks, maintains and produces regular and ad hoc reports. Handles detailed, structured problems.
- Identifies roadblocks to task completion and effectively brings them to leadership for resolution.
- Generally uses existing procedures to resolve standard problems. Works on assignments where judgment is required a majority of the time.
**Job:** **Engineering Technician - Development Technician*
**Organization:** **Commercial Sales and Enterprise Solutions*
**Title:** *Development Tech Analyst - Round Rock, TX*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *160013SW*