Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
DevOps Automation - Cloud and Mobile
Capital One's Mobile Engineering team is actively seeking talented automaters/magicians to help us develop and manage the tools and infrastructure powering our flagship mobile/digital customer products.
As a member of our Mobile Engineering DevOps/Emerging Tech team you will be responsible for the design, management and CONSTANT evolution of our cloud hosting platforms, CI/CD stack, and custom toolsets designed with the goal of making, deploying and scaling complex applications child's play. Successful candidates will pretty much be good at everything: enterprise Linux, CI/CD tooling, automating cloud based applications (infrastructure as code, container concepts, autoscaling), and working along side other feature teams/developers.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of Capital One's public cloud hosted infrastructure (OS+Network+Security+Monitoring).
- Working closely with orchestration/API, client development teams and architecture to design and build new back end applications.
- Develop app management tools and monitors.
- Execute system administration of hosting platforms capable of running on a variety of frameworks (Python, Java, node.js).
- Support Capital One shared production environments (ensuring system availability, performance, capacity, and continuity through proper response to incidents, events and problems).
- Work with developers to build out CI/CD pipelines, enable self-service build tools and reusable deployment jobs.. Find, explore and advocate for new technologies for enterprise use.
- 4 years of overall IT experience or military experience.
- At least 2 years of experience providing enterprise Linux based system administration.
- At least 2 years of experience working with code repositories and build tools.
- At least 1 year experience building automated cloud infrastructure.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology.
- 2+ years of experience working with code repositories and build tools GIT/GitHub, or Jenkins/Hudson, or Nexus.
- 1+ years experience with Ansible, Puppet, OpenStack, or Teraform.
- 1+ years experience with MySQL, Postgress, Mongo DB, or ElasticSearch.
- 3+ years of overall IT experience in an enterprise cloud environment.
- 1+ year of experience with Hadoop Administration.
- 1+ year of experience with shell scripting.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.