Prudential Retirement Information Technology is seeking a talented DevOps Data Operations Manager to join their team. The Prudential Retirement Information Technology organization plays a key role in enabling positive business outcomes and meeting customer expectations as part of our mission as an industry leader in Retirement Services. Information Management and Data are a key driver of the work being done in the Digital and Analytical space, and very crucial to the company’s future plans. Success in the marketplace is highly dependent on the performance of our Technology operate functions.
As the DevOps Data Operations Manager, you will be primarily responsible for supporting the operations of highly inter-dependent data platforms, supporting mission critical applications/processes. This role will ensure that the day to day operations meet internal and external customer performance standards and SLAs required to be successful in the marketplace. The role will be tasked with the maintainance and support of critical Data platforms servicing our customer facing business systems 24/7/365 while driving the DevOps transformation with this team. In addition to timely resolution of issues, this position will be responsible for communicating with all impacted parties, the status and resolution of all the data related issues.
We are looking for a high performing individual, with significant experience of mainstream data technologies, as well as of managing No-SQL based processes. Experience in Hadoop/Spark/Impala is needed, to support newer platforms being built. It will be needed to serve as an effective toll-gate for projects moving from build to operate. There will be opportunities for growth, based on performance. Also, this individual will collaborate with platform and application development teams, middleware teams and infrastructure teams to ensure seamless data integration within the production environment. This will include validation planning, coordination of validation testing and reporting of production readiness for deployment.
To ensure that the operations are maintained to the highest standards, this position will establish and follow standards, tools, and processes to be used within the team and will have the processes in place to guarantee adherence to those standards. This role will also be required to set up processes where needed.
Data is our most valuable asset and we must protect and secure our data to maintain integrity of our systems. This position will ensure information protection, including adherence to corporate policies, procedures, and standards.
This leader will need to work independently with minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for team members with limited experience or domain knowledge and solves complex problems. May travel up to 10%.
Principal Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- Support the VP, Solutions delivery in the execution of responsibilities to drive forward today’s operations into a DevOps framework and support the business as usual requirements in a 24/7 environment
- Partner with the Prudential Retirement business and product owners to deliver 24/7 operations support
- Lead, either as direct reports or in a matrixed organization, a team of analysts, developers and testers (on and off shore) as needed to deliver operations, infrastructure projects and lean processes
- Ensure quality deployments via code review, testing enforcement, defect triaging, risk assessment, and any other activities that improve code quality through both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Provide support to Technology Operations, Support Development, QA and UAT as needed
- Provide SME support for the Retirement Technology Operate team to address production outages
- Collaborate with operations staff to assess production environment for potential outages or system performance issues
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, related degree; or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 8-10 years of experience in Information Technology with a primary focus in data and web technologies
- Strong core knowledge of ETL/EAI/EII space, with hands-on experience of managing complex data environments
- In depth understanding of Relational Database concepts, including performance tuning and capacity planning
- Experience with operating in bimodal operations: DevOps and Traditional Plan, Build, Run models with a focus on RUN
- Working knowledge of Cloud Data Operations
- Strong exposure to Client facing applications such as web properties and client data transmission processes
- Strong understanding and hands on work experience with ETL tools like IBM DataStage or Informatica
- Knowledge and experience of Data warehouse concepts, SQL programming and job scheduling tools
- Knowledge and experience on Big Data platforms - No SQL databases, Hadoop, Spark, Impala, Cassandra
- Exposure to various web development technologies, middleware and operations very helpful
- Proven ability to manage a diverse team including offshore vendors
- Excellent organizational, analytical, written and oral communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to use those skills to effectively interface with end users and development teams to conduct systems analysis and planning
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability and desire to be a leader and grow within our organization
- Strong desire to drive lean processes with a focus on automation
A little about us:
Our support of the military includes providing civilian employment opportunities to transitioning service members and military spouses.