Aquent's Staffing Technology Division is looking for a DevOps Engineer who will drive forward innovation and help deliver cutting-edge application solutions.
We are searching for a DevOps engineer with strong Amazon Web Services experience to join our team in Asheville, NC. You will create cloud formation templates to build AWS services that support our custom Java applications.
In this role, you'll work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our systems. Help automate and streamline our operations and processes. Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations. And troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments.
The most important thing we do is build relationships with developers, security experts, customer support folks to ensure that our customers are able to enjoy working with the really cool stuff we build.
If you are someone that finds yourself obsessed with technology and wants an opportunity to grow and develop skills with a world-class group of technology experts, this just might be the role for you!
Here is what you need to have:
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- 3+ years of DevOps or Infrastructure experience
- Experience with AWS tools and services and Google Cloud
- Experience with distributed application containers (Docker)
- Familiarity with micro services architecture
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Ability to drive team-wide consensus toward adoption of new design and direction.
- Strong desire to automate everything
- Experience with CI/CD build tools (Jenkins, etc)
- Configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, etc
- Infrastructure and service monitoring and logging experience
- An understanding of application deployment patterns and best practices
Here is what you will do:
- Build relationships with our internal technology partners and contribute to an environment that empowers Developers to rapidly deploy high-quality code into production.
- Work with engineers and security experts to ensure connected services are secure - identify weak points and fix them.
- Automate deployment, maintenance and support tasks
A little about us:
Aquent helps leading companies achieve their goals by connecting them with talented marketing, creative and digital professionals on a contract basis.