We are currently seeking DevOps Engineers to join our DevOps Team. In this hands-on role you will help to ensure the stable operation, support, and expansion of our 100TB cloud analytics solutions for electric, gas, and water utilties.
As an early team member you will actively develop the processes and automation required to scale our rapidly growing product. Prior experience in a growing, data-driven software environment is crucial as is a genuine passion for technical problem solving.
• Troubleshoot and identify root cause of technical issues in all components of the product, including but not limited to data loading, database operations, application software, and UI software;
• Audit quality of analytical outputs to customers, identifying where in the data processing chain errors might be occurring;
• Communicate with and mobilize team of analysts and developers against speedy resolution of analytic and system issues;
• Own implementation of operational configuration changes to the product;
• Work towards maintaining high system availability;
• Suggest and develop processes, reporting layers, and software configuration tools that can increase the efficiency of performing operational tasks.
Skills / Preferred Qualifications
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other STEM field strongly preferred;
• Minimum 3 years of professional work experience in a software operations role;
• Expertise with Unix / Linux scripting is a must;
• Exposure to Nagios, Ganglia, Cacti or other event / monitoring and ticketing tools;
• Prior experience in a relational database environment (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL);
• Ability to understand and debug OOP processes in the context of Java / Python / or similar;
• Experience working with advanced analytical systems in complex data environments;
• Strong written & oral communication skills;
• Prior energy and utility industry experience preferred
Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will perform high-level design based on provided external specifications. Specify, design and implement minor changes to existing software architecture. Build highly complex enhancements and resolve complex bugs. Build and execute unit tests and unit plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering as necessary to discuss minor changes to product functionality and to ensure quality and consistency across specific products.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.