1) 3+ years of Linux Administration/Engineering experience executing troubleshooting tasks, installs, rpmbuilds, etc. - they currently run CentOS but are open to Red Hat and other Linux flavors
2) 1+ years of experience within a DevOps Environment leveraging the automation process. For example, utilizing puppet or chef to deploy code with GIT and Jenkins, CFEngine, or Ansible to enhance software delivery and/or infrastructure changes
3) >1 year of experience working with AWS Cloud and having exposure to some of the following (EC2, ELB, VPC, DynamoDB, IAM, and S3) because they're looking to consolidate their data center footprint further next year
Our client is a Data Management Platform (or SaaS platform) used by marketers, agencies and publishers around the world to make audience data meaningful and actionable. The business has been expanding their client base ever since within the publishing, marketing, and advertising sectors. They're seeking a mid-level DevOps Engineer who is looking to grow their skill set, open to learning new tools, standardize the infrastructure across the board, and work in a progressive technical environment.
QUICK FACTS ABOUT THE TECHNICAL ENVIRONMENT:
-Currently running 1100 physical servers with their main data center being in VA
-AWS active in 6 different geographical regions
-Kafka is their messaging system of choice
-The team that the DevOps Engineer will sit in is currently numbered at four people
-In total, the technical team is around 50 people with there being around 125 people in the entire company
-They run puppet in a virtual environment doing auto-deployments
-The overall health of multiple applications and their operating environments, ensuring reliability and availability for the business application while supporting a dynamic, changing feature-set.
-Defining standards and processes for the development and deployment of scale-able, reliable software
-Working with developers and business users to solve operational and strategic problems
-Participate in coding and/or scripting, process re-engineering, and communicating across different functional borders
-Leading other members in delivering systems projects and following best practices
THE ENTIRE TECH STACK IS LISTED BELOW:
* CentOS Linux, along with major services like cron, start/stop servers, NFS, DNS, NTP, etc.
* AWS (see below)
* reposync yum repo
* mrepo yum repo
* Bash, Perl, Python
* Jenkins w Maven
* Google Apps
* Apache web server
* Homegrown Java Apps running as Linux services
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.