Our prominent Fitness Consumer Products Client is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer for a long term contract opportunity in Portland, OR.
The nature of the work is focused on the company's computer and telephony technology tools used to create, store, exchange, and use all forms of information.Skills
- Puppet or Ansible or Chef
- Continuous Integration
About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
- Optimize the capability of the IT infrastructure and services to deliver cost effective and sustained level of application availability.
- Develop complex tools and processes in the support of continuity management.
- Executes tests for system continuity.
- Design, test, and implement monitoring tools and processes.
- Write procedures to respond to results so system issues are brought to resolution.
- Collect metrics over a long term for trending.
- Performs complex work to install hardware and software taking proactive steps to assure success.
- Devises process and procedure for applying and maintaining security settings and user access based on technology platform.
- Recommends improvements as indicated based on analysis of current techniques and perceived imperfections.
- Partner with Production Operations, Development, and Foundation Architecture to manage and improve all technical processes that support end-to-end delivery and availability of the products and services.
- Develop and follow Operational best practices for tools and automation development, including; style guides, versioning practices, source control procedures, branching patterns, and development standards.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.