REMOTE contract to hire DevOps Engineer Opportunity with 5% travel to Silver Spring, MD
1) Experience working in DevOps environment centered around:
- Linux RedHat Engineering for 5 or more years
- 3 or more years of experince in production environment using AWS
- Puppet: Puppet Master List and Puppet Modules used for config management and app deployment
- Experience with other automation tools like Chef, Salt, or Ansible are great as well
2) Enterprise level experience with AWS
- Hands on work with EC2, S3, VPC, Route 53
- Experience building cloud solutions predominantly around code deploy and cloud formation
3) Experience with Version Control
4) The ability to thrive in a SCRUM Environment
- This team works off 1 week Sprints
- Need someone who can professionally challenge the status quo and present empirical evidence aimed at bettering the work and the team
* Solid understanding of agile methodologies and CI/CD
* Minimum of three or more (3+) years of production experience with using cloud infrastructure services with AWS services; specifically, EC2, S3, VPC, Route 53.
* Minimum of five or more (3+) years of Operations background understanding concepts such as distributed systems, alerting, monitoring, logging, and incident management
* Minimum of three or more (3+) years of experiences with one or more of the following scripting languages: PowerShell, Python, Bash
* Minimum of three or more (3+) combined years of experience of automation of systems administration at the OS and application server level, including automated application deployment using provisioning tools like Chef, Puppet, Salt and/or Ansible
* Excellent communication skills -- oral, written, and presentation
* Creation and maintenance of continuous integration systems such as Jenkins, TFS, or TeamCity
* Firm understanding of version control systems such as Mercurial and/or git
* Thorough understanding of HTTP server technologies and REST/JSON interfaces
* Experience with log management tools like Sumo Logic or Splunk
* Firm understanding of networking concepts and technologies
* Understanding with one or more languages: C#, .NET, Go, or Java
* Experience with defining, documenting, and enforcing configuration management processes for a project team
* Creation and maintenance of ALM tools such as JIRA or TFS
* Creation, maintenance and testing of backup and disaster recovery plans
* Network engineering concepts (e.g. Firewalls, Load Balancers, CDN's)
* System test tools such as Selenium, Watir
- Remote capabilities allowed
- Client asks that candidate comes on site at the start of engagement for kick off and team building as well as sporadic travel back to Silver Spring location for special events and quarterly team building.
- 1 week of Paid Vacation is included
- Consultants will be reimbursed for travel
- Travel is expected to be 5% of time
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.