BabyCenter is seeking a DevOps Engineer to help manage a Linux based hybrid cloud environment.
BabyCenter is the world's partner in parenting. The #1 pregnancy and parenting digital destination, BabyCenter reaches more than 40 million moms and dads monthly in 11 languages from Canada to the Middle East to China. In the United States, 7 in 10 babies born last year were BabyCenter babies. We reach 1 in 5 new and expecting moms online throughout the world.
- Build, automate, configure, optimize and scale Linux server farms (> 500 virtual/physical systems) responsible for supporting BabyCenter’s global portfolio of web properties
- Proactively automate, monitor and scale existing infrastructure to continually optimize capacity
- Interface with development to lead troubleshooting efforts with production/non-production systems
- Participate as part of web and mobile scrum teams. Duties include automation of infrastructure and configuration changes, release management, performance tuning, and capacity planning
- Participate as part of a 24x7 on call rotation
- Build and integrate internal tools as necessary to optimize infrastructure, deployment, monitoring and provisioning
- Support the current Cisco and VPC network infrastructure
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field is preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a technical role in support of a Linux based environment
- Proven ability to use automation to administer/manage/maintain/upgrade a variety of technical platforms at a high level of competency in at least three of the following:
This candidate must have excellent communication skills, be able to work oncross-functional teams, verbalize and justify their thought process, and demonstrate a track record of implementing creative, effective solutions.
This position may require up to 5% travel in North America and is based in San Francisco, CA.Primary Location
- CentOS or Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Software configuration management (Chef/Puppet/Ansible/SALT)
- Apache Web Server: Installation, configuration, tuning
- Tomcat Application server: Installation, configuration, tuning
- New Relic/Nagios/Cacti/Graphite/SmokePing or similar monitoring and trending systems
- Log Aggregation Services (ELK, Splunk, etc)
- Load balancing solutions (ELB, Netscaler, BigIP, or HAProxy)
- Version control systems (Subversion or Git)
- Virtualization technologies
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, RDS, ELB)
United States-California-San FranciscoOrganization
BabyCenter, LLC (6009)Job Function
Info TechnologyRequisition ID
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.