Ready to change the way the world works? This is your chance to work with innovative new technology products with the world's second largest software-maker. Hone your expertise alongside fellow talented professionals, where you'll be part of some of the most exciting software solutions on the market. At IBM and The Weather Company, we're strongly committed to the advancement of open Internet standards and applications.
As a DevOps Engineer
, the candidate will use the latest tools and technologies available to deliver state-of-the-art software, and be responsible for ensuring that company software components are continuously integrated into highly available best-of-breed solutions that help organizations improve their business outcomes in the global marketplace. Work with senior developers, data scientists, business stakeholders, and team members to operationalize strategic analytic objectives. Work will include scripting, coding and tooling in operational components of large scale, secure, high data volume systems.
- Review the design and implementation of sophisticated software systems consisting of user interface components, functional programming techniques, micro services, database access and high security REST and messaging interfaces.
- Review and implement the orchestration and deployment of the environment and components for high availability, evolvability, security and cost-effectiveness.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure all components can be serviced
- Participate in software design and code reviews.
- Participate in, and adhere to, professional software engineering practices using such tools and methodologies as Agile Software Development, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Source Code Management
- Maintain a high level of proficiency with Computer Science/Software Engineering knowledge and contribute to the technical skills growth of other team members
- Work well independently and as part of a team
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.