Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
DevOps Engineer I acts as key participant in coordinating all aspects of a release lifecycle including development and test activities and releases/deployment of code through different environments (Development, Test, Staging, UAT, Production )KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Plan and execute tasks as part of larger projects. Works under the supervision and guidance of more experienced team members.
- Present to project team and manger. Has skills in required areas.
- Collaborates through open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Manage timely resolution of all critical and/or complex problems with the different platforms in all environments including the necessary communication to stakeholders
- Coordinate all aspects of a release lifecycle including development and test activities
- Acts as key participant in coordinating releases/deployment of code through different environments (Development, Test, Staging, UAT, Production )
- Assist in developing best practices for infrastructure as code (eg : Puppet, Shell scripting), software build tools (Maven, ANT, Shell ) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Hudson), and infrastructure automation (VM Ware, Puppet, Chef, etc)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 2 years of related experience
• Very strong Project Management experience performing ITIL RM /SCM activities
• 2 or more years of professional experience leading Build and Release engineering practices and activities.
• Knowledge of SCM concepts (code lines, branching, merging, integration, versioning, etc.)
• Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills
• Clarity and precision in verbal and written communications
• Ability to work with customers, developers, testing, project management, support staff
• Familiarity with software development life cycle models and agile programming methodologies
• Familiar with Agile software development model
• Experience acquiring In-depth understanding of large complex software systems to isolate defects, reproduce defects, assess risk and understand varied customer deployment
• Technical proficiency in most of the following tools and platforms: SVN (Subversion), ClearQuest, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, GO, Oracle, Java, JBOSS, TIBCO, Informatica ,Sales Force, VM Ware EMPLOYMENT
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.