Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
DevOps Engineer II will coordinate and manage the entrance of new hardware and software into the IT computing environment and define the process for release package assembly, version control, migration control, release preparation and acceptance, communication and installation KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Independently plans and delivers specific functionality within the technology expertise .
- Presents and or defends the work to the team or other organizations. Has defined specialties in primary areas of responsibility
- Serve as an expert on Atlassian Suite (i.e. JIRA and Confluence ) and its administra tion. Be able to develop solutions using the Atlassian SDK.
- Responsible for administration, maintenance, upgrades and enhancements to JIRA, Confluence and integration with other tools or plugins.
- Administer JIRA's core and software and formulate technical solutions using JIRA associated JIRA plugins or Atlassian products.
- Create JIRA projects, JQL queries, custom workflows, custom fields post functions and validators.
- Make changes to workflows, screens, custom fields, and provide ongoing engineering support and configuration maintenance.
- Create and manage workspaces and pages in Confluence.
- Monitor and tune performance of JIRA and Confluence.
- Migrate content between different instances of JIRA and Confluence.
- Create custom extraction scripts for communicating and extracting data from other source systems.
- Test new versions of JIRA and plugins to ensure compatibility.
- Collaborate using open communication and reaching across functional borders.
- Develop sound version control best practices based on SCM systems (SVN, GIT, Clearcase etc.) including branching and merging strategies.
- Administer data mapping between requirements, user stories, test and defect systems to the reporting platform.
- Analyze and Define Data layouts for JIRA Enhanced Dashboards for Centralized DataMart.
- Write and Optimize SQL Queries to extract data from centralized data mart.
- Analyze and Create Tableau Data extracts for JIRA data in Server.
- Understand and consolidate various reporting needs for JIRA Enhanced Dashboards for the use at Enterprise level.
- Administer production roll outs and documentation of new tableau reports and dashboards.
- Define and document Data mapping to support analytics.
- Perform configuration management for all different applications running on all environments and manage the production release process that ensures the reliability and availability of the platform.
- Maintain up to date and relevant play books and documentation in support of the different platforms/program.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 4 years of related experience
- Experience with Java, .Net or other programming languages preferred.
- Experience in developing reports using Tableau Business Intelligence tool.
- Experience in building Structured Query Language (SQL) queries in Oracle.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of general source control concepts: branching, merging, tagging, and labeling.
- Experience in JIRA and Confluence maintenance and administration.
- Practical application debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Develop sound version control best practices based on CM systems (SVN, GIT etc.)
- Development experience in Agile/Scrum Methodology preferred.
- Knowledge on other tools like Jenkins, Puppet, Dockers.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.