IBM MaaS360 is an Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) product that combines device, app and content management with strong security to simplify how our customers go mobile. We help companies all over the globe optimize their mobile initiatives for secure, effortless employee collaboration and customer engagement. In this role, you will be helping a globally distributed team scale our mobile device management platform supporting millions of endpoints worldwide.
We're looking for someone with a deep understanding of the Linux operating system and the services that run on top of it to help grow, maintain and administer our infrastructure. We have a strong focus on systems automation, continuous delivery and improvement. You will be joining a team whose responsibility is to make sure all the machinery is running smoothly and our customers are receiving the quality of service they've come to expect. You'll be working in an exciting and rapidly expanding environment deploying, monitoring, maintaining, and optimizing our systems while collaborating with a seasoned group of skilled engineers and developers from around the world.
If you are interested in being a part of a highly technical and innovative team supporting systems at scale in a 24x7 environment, we'd love to talk to you! Responsibilities Include:
- Delivering infrastructure as code using automation tools such as Puppet, Fabric, and Ansible, using Test Driven methodologies.
- Scripting in one or more languages (shell, Python, Ruby, etc).
- Maintaining and improving our monitoring and metrics gathering infrastructure (ELK, Graphite, Icinga)
- Improving our orchestration and delivery pipelines using tools such as Jenkins, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Be a persistently curious learner who can both work independently as well as communicate ideas clearly.
- Ensuring the availability, scalability and performance of the Linux platform
- Developing and maintaining operational documentation as well as Disaster Recovery planning/testing.
- Coordinating with the Security team to improve and maintain the technical standards of the environment
- Backup and recovery of all systems and applications in the environment
- Being a part of an on call rotation (follow the sun between global sites) to identify and resolve incidents.
- Performing occasional off-hours or weekend work as needed.
- Communicating and working with a diverse global team including operations, development, QA, and customer support.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.